The high performance Microchip 8-bit AVR RISC-based microcontroller unites 32KB ISP flash memory with read-while-write capabilities, 1KB EEPROM, 2KB SRAM, 23 general purpose I/O lines, 32 general purpose working registers, three adjustable timer/counters with compare modes, internal and external interrupts, serial programmable USART, a byte-oriented 2-wire sequential interface, SPI serial port, 6-channel 10-bit A/D converter (8-channels in TQFP and QFN/MLF packages), programmable watchdog timer with internal oscillator, and five software selectable power saving modes. The system operates between 1.8-5.5 volts. By executing powerful instructions in one clock cycle, the device achieves throughputs approaching 1 MIPS per MHz, balancing power intake and processing speed.
I/O and Package:
• 23 programmable I/O lines.
• 28 pin PDIP package.
• 0-4 MHz at 1.8-5.5V.
• 0-10 MHz at 2.7-5.5V.
• 0-20 MHz at 4.5-5.5V.
• Active Mode: 0.3 mA.
• Power-down Mode: 0.1 μA.
• Power-save Mode: 0.8 μA (Including 32 kHz RTC).
High Performance, Low Power Design:
- 8-Bit Microcontroller Atmel® AVR® advanced RISC architecture.
- 131 Instructions most of which are executed in a single clock cycle.
- Up to 20 MIPS throughput at 20 MHz.
- 32 x 8 working registers.
- 2 cycle multiplier.